What to Remember When Booking Online
- Online appointments are only 15mins long and are not appropriate for long consultations or multiple problems.
- If you require a longer appointment – post-natal visit (6week check), minor surgical procedures, health assessments, medicals or any other reason that may exceed the allowed time, we kindly ask that you phone and book your appointment with reception staff.
- Only one person can be seen in any one appointment. Separate appointments are required for other family members. If you ask the doctor to see another family member you will be forcing others to wait longer for their appointment.
- When you register for online bookings you will be asked to give an email address. Please be aware that you will need to check your email for confirmation of any booked or cancelled appointment.
- Please also be aware that at times we will have a medical student consulting with our doctors. If you are booking online remember that there may be a student present with the doctor at the time of your consult. If you do not want this to occur please phone the reception staff and make your appointment with them.
- To make an appointment for a practitioner not currently offering online bookings, please call reception staff. Please be advised that Dr. John Penna is not available for online bookings.
- For all enquiries please call reception staff on 8582 2855
FEE FOR MISSED ONLINE BOOKINGS
Be aware that if you fail to attend an appointment that you have booked online, a fee of $50 will be charged. This fee is payable before your next scheduled appointment.
The online service is not to be used for booking emergency appointments.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency
please dial 000 for an ambulance.
This service is only available to existing patients.
All new patients attending the clinic for the first time must report to reception staff on arrival.
Here at Berri Medical Clinic we use a text service for patient recalls. When you receive your reminder text from “HOTDOC” it will ask you to reply or opt out. Follow the link provided and enter your details. A more detailed message will appear with the reason for your recall (e.g. blood test, Diabetes or Asthma Clinic). Once you have been issued with a recall text, please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment.
The duration of a standard appointment is 15 minutes. If you feel that you may need more time with your GP, please ask for a double appointment at the time of booking. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you may need a longer appointment please check with reception staff.
When calling for test results or any other general enquiries, please call the surgery after 10.30am daily. If you have any further questions relating to your results, you will need to speak to our nursing team or make an appointment with your doctor. If your results are urgent, we will call you directly.
Fees for Saturday –
Standard Fee $80.05
Concession Fee $20
The Berri Medical Clinic is strongly involved in promoting rural general practice by training young doctors.
From time to time you may be asked for your permission to have a medical student sit in on your consultation. Medical students from Flinders University spend the whole of their third year studying in our clinic. At the end of the year they sit their final exams so it is a vital part of their training. GP Registrars work with our senior doctors to complete their training. They assist with consultations and procedures as well as helping manage hospital patients.
If your concern remains unresolved and is related to your medical treatment:
Please write to:-
Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner
PO Box 199
Rundle Mall SA 5000
Toll Free in SA: 1800 232 007